Live at Relix Studio NYC 12/06/2021
- 1Space Blade (Live at Relix Studio)17:02
- 2Board Shorts (Live at Relix Studio)3:06
- 3Lunar Dude (Live at Relix Studio)10:59
- 4Expiration Date (Live at Relix Studio)6:17
- 5Crab Surprise (Live at Relix Studio)5:26
- 6Bertha (Live at Relix Studio)6:31
- 7Dust Mites (Live at Relix Studio)7:49
- 8Wineglass Television (Live at Relix Studio)11:36
- 9Cars (Live at Relix Studio)7:57
- 10Laura, I'm Sorry About the Cobbler (Live at Relix Studio)13:18
- 11Rocky Raccoon (Live at Relix Studio)4:17
- 12Aged White Cheddar (Live at Relix Studio)10:31
“We hope to see you out there in the real world. And you can say we saw you on the internet. And we’ll say, we didn’t see you. But if you tell us your name is Gadrak the Dark Elf, then we’ll know it was you”
Following a wild night at Cafe Wha with long-term friends in The Dirty Grass Players, the band mustered up the energy for an early morning at the new Relix Studio, formerly a swanky jazz club aptly named “The Jazz Standard.” With its velvety interior and dim lights, it was the ideal setting for a jammy fan-interactive live stream. Jesse Lauter, who has worked with artists such as the Tedeschi Trucks Band, Stephen Stills & Judy Collins, and Scarlett Johansson, engineered and mixed the show. Nice guy, sports a cool hat.
“Space For Days”>”Slow Rider”>”Blade Runner” intro. Pretty classic sequence at this point. Spicy jamming throughout.
“Lunar Dude” features a tease of the Grateful Dead tune “Ripple” foreshadowing the “Bertha” that was to come.
“Crab Surprise” is dedicated to Pete Shapiro.
“Dust Mites” transition into “Wineglass Television” is of the highest quality. The latter’s jam section has major “Secret Agent Man” energy.
The “Cars” “Chop Suey” troll is one of the best.
Brian and Louis have a nice little role playing session monologue in “Laura, I’m Sorry About the Cobbler.”
“Aged White Cheddar” solo is out of this world. Ben teases Peter Green’s “Oh Well” for a hot sec.
Mixed by: Jesse Lauter